Below are items of further information regarding the Glastonbury Festival arrangements for the Pilton area: –
- Vehicle Passes – Village Vehicle Passes and your tickets will be available from Pilton Village Hall on Saturday 15th June between 1pm & 6pm and on Friday 21st June 6pm – 8pm
- Village Car Park – Can I also remind you that passes for the village car park are again limited this year and will only be issued to Pilton residents if their advance application is approved.
- Cockmill Lane – Again this year, to improve safety for Cockmill Lane residents and pedestrians, a Temporary One-way Order will be in place in Cockmill Lane from Orchard Gate to Pylle Road (north bound). There will be no through traffic from the direction of Pylle Road (Pilton). The “Cockmill Lane Pass” will again be restricted to residents of Cockmill Lane and their visitors. Passes will also be issued to people with exceptional need to use Cockmill Lane.
- Security – Security levels will be the same as last festival.
- Checkpoints – The checkpoints will also be in the same places as the last festival and will be operational from Saturday 22nd June to Monday 1st July. Full details of checkpoints, road closures and one-way systems will be available at Vehicle Passes Distribution.
- Hot Line Number – 01749 899631 – is again operational all year. From 1st June this number will put you straight through to the festival office on site and they will be able to deal with any urgent ongoing problems and will be manned 24 hrs a day during the actual festival period (26th June to 1st July )
- Drop in Centre – This year the Hot Line will be manned by dedicated staff in the Event Control Centre so they will have good access to all the relevant bodies and this will give you a better service. There will still be a member of GFL security based at the Village Hall between 0800 & 2300(26th June to 1st July)
- Village Lighting – The village will have the same level of lighting as in previous years. It is planned to install the lighting on Tuesday 18th and Wednesday 19th June.
I will be available at the vehicle passes distribution session should you wish to speak with me and, as last year, Lorraine and I will be resident in the village from the 17th June so we can respond quickly to any problems or concerns you may have. Please feel free to contact me if you have any queries or concerns.
Village Liaison Manager