Subsequently it fell into disrepair and was uninhabited until 1890. In that year a meeting was held to form the Working Mens Club in 1893 and the building was virtually rebuilt with the old foundations remaining as a guide. It started as a Reading Room, then a skittle alley became an integral part of the social activity, as well as the provision of a bar. Music and music making was a critical part of the character and social activity of the Club and women were involved from an early stage .
In the 1970s the building was improved, and then again in the mid 1990s when it was re-planned. Opened first with the Working Mens Club in 2003, then the Village Hall in 2006 the revitalised building, significantly and sympathetically improved , is what we have today – a wonderful facility in a wonderful village.